Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Adelaide

Adelaide. Warm, sunny, beachy, Mac n'cheese.
After a week of windy, rainy, cloudy Melbourne; Adelaide, specifically Glenelg Beach was exactly what we wanted. After another ridiculously awful overnight busride we arrived at 6am and trammed it to the beach, where it was so early the hostel wasn't even open yet so I napped in front on my bags like a bum. Then not only did we get in, but we got to sleep,in gloriously non bunk beds with pillows and mattresses like BUTTAAHH. And after a 5 hour nap I explored the beachy little area and was quite delighted. I spent the first few days there just reading and running by the beach and laying on the beach, and watching bums close sit and stare at hot chicks on the beach. And watched tv. and ate mac n'cheese, and greek salad, and fruit salad, delicously prepared in a non crowded kitchen. Such a good hostel that we stayed there for 6 nights and only spent one night in acutaly Adelaide. I did tram it in one day and explore the mayhem that is everywhere now given the holidays. People shopping and bustling around, and women and men standing out front of shops with mics and amps listing the sales featured inside the shit show of a store they are promoting. I did however pick up a tibetan rune necelace to ward off negative forces(even if they're comind from within) and a cool new australia bracelet to add to my wrist journey.
One day it did rain in Adelaide and Juli and I ventured to the local cutesy theater to see the new Baz Lurhman film, Australia. Which was awesome and Hugh Jackman is all kinds of hotness, including a very obvious but nontheless essential, I think to the essence of he story and the plotline, bathing scene featuring his ripped abs and muscly back and arms. mmm mm mmm.
It was nice and relaxing and now we're back in Melbourne for a day before the farm tomorrow, and I happened to catch day two of the Homeless World Cup.
A totally awesome event featuring something like 56 countries all of street soccer teams, and the aim is to improve peoples lives through futbol and i couldn't be more for it, because they totally kicked ass. It's 4 person teams including the goalie, on the tiniest field you've ever seen, with 7 minute halves, and it is INTENSELY AWESOME! I probably spent 7 hours today going back and forth between events, however my teams never win. Highlights were the Colombian Team(womens) who were all pint sized but totally badass and have some really good moves. And there was a badass game between Brazil and Argentina, where I'm sorry to say Argentina got their asses handed to them in a shocking 13-3 loss. Also the Rwanda vs Namibia game was equally heated but filled with awesome blocks at only 3-2 Rwanda in the end. I'm convinced it was the stupid Argentinean goalie who let about a million go by but whatevah!
I even got to habla a little espanol with the colombian guy next to me as i was the only one rooting for Argentina and shouting random weird shit (that probably didn't even make sense) in spanish at them.
So onto the Finca manana and will report back in a week or so. This one is a vinyard so I think it'll be waay awesome!--Ciao

No comments: