Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Into the Swing of Things





Well, it finally happened. I finally broke through my mental barrier and was able to screenprint. It took a lot of time, a lot of half assed excuses and a bit of space in the outbuilding, but I'm back in the game! At my mom's house we have this outbuilding, which used to be Jack's disgusting boy hovel, but which i converted into the most badass studio ever! i've got an old ping pong table as a huge surface, tons of wall space, tons of junk to use for art, running water, and hella wind and sun. It is pretty, pretty good. So i've been drawing, crafting, sewing, and printing and it is incredibly amazing! Me and my mom have sewed some pretty cute skirts, and she made me the cutest apron ever, and I also made some earring/necklace holder things, from a DIY recipe in bust, and i've been printing the shit outa some clothes too! The first day was a little tricky though, i used wayy too much ink and didn't use a blotter so it went right through the clothes, but after that i got the swing of it and rocked the casbah! I did some drawings and ended up with one of some lavender from the garden for the stencil that you see printed on all of these, and I can't wait to do more and more before I leave. I need to do some major thrifting though cause i'm running outa crappy clothes to print on... Yay for the outbuilding, aka my new studio!

1 comment:

Mario said...

Hot damn.

I'll admit I never thought the out building would be usable again.

And here it is all being used to make fancy clothes and whatnot.

ALSO:

We just met a friend who's a member of a printmaker's collaborative up here. You should come up on your way back from le europe and make rad art with her. Or just come up and drink beer and watch Alex Mack with us. That'll work too.