Monday, July 21, 2008

Crazy/Lazy days in Reno

Things have been fairly interesting and quite hot here in Reno.
Last week Juli and I went out a couple of nights and ran into people from elementary school, middle school, high school, etc. Jamie from elementary school, tons of peeps from ol P.M.S. and Tina as well. And that was just a Thursday at the Wall. The next night we went to a little bar called the Red Martini where Juli's buddy Jake is the bartender and where they have a Friday night special of free drinks for the ladies from 10-Midnight. So there you go. Then we met up with Kaylene at Imperial and ran into Lawrence, onwards to the Silver Peak and ran into Mikey. Seriously you can't swing a dick in Reno without running into someone you know.
Juli and I have also been watching a lot of really bad TV. Like 90210? What not to wear. and the O.C. Yeah.
Monday Yumi and Matt came to visit as a part of their country-wide road trip. So we all went down to Pneumatic and then to the Truckee river and did a little rock sliding/swimming which was awesome. And we were traipsing downtown and who do i run into? Nick Lowe! I also took Yumi and Matt up to Tahoe on Tuesday which was spectacularly drunken and hot and the water was soo warm and clear. Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and definitely in my top five. And of course I took them bowling at the ol' Hilton. I won't call it the Grand Sierra Resort. Hell no. and Yumi hated it, but it was pretty fun, Juli is probably the most hilarious bowler I've ever seen.
I've also been trying to motivate myself to clean out the outbuilding. But Jack has soo much crap out there. Old broken chairs and tables, spray painted everything, nasty dishes, toys, old VHS's, toys, ahhh. So baby steps on that one. Mom and I are going to begin a little sewing too, and we went through her old fabric bag and found some true gems for experimentation.
Friday Juli and I met up with Kaylene and her bros to see The Dark Night which was badass. And I'll leave it at that cause I'm not a movie ruin er. There i also saw Sabrina's little bro who is little no more, totally grown up.
Sat Juli and i got up and went for a run and then went to the Saturday Wine Walk downtown. Which is a really good/bad idea. It is from 2-5pm and you go to any of the participants and buy a wine glass for $20 and then there are like 20-ish places that participate and you go to every one and get free wine. I was pretty much done for when we left Bruka Theater. I think Juli and I made it to like 14 places.... yeah. I was sooo hot, but soo fun. And we had a few hours to kill so we drunkenly stumbled into Mama Mia! And it was nice and cool and the ABBA held us over until we went to the Reno Roller Girls Cops vs. Robbers Bout! Where we watched Reno girls knock each other over and drank beer and ate cotton candy. Juli almost made me go out further that night, but since i had been drinking since oh, two in the afternoon, i denied. And pretty soon she was on the same wavelength.
I spent my Sunday doing yard work w/my mama and Eric, and had dinner at my dad's house and ate some mama-made strawberry rhubarb pie. mmmm.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Look at that sext glow in the dark cast. OWOW!